Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Prewash Dimensions

Well, I've spread it all out on the carpet and it actually isn't acting too badly. The selvedges aren't puckering or anything so it gives me hope that after the washing and possible ironing it will chill out and be a flat piece of fabric.

Me? Shed? What?

Was trying to get a good picture of it but it's just too late and my house is too dark... or I'm too tired... or something.

PREWASH DIMENSIONS:
59" x 9.5" and 3" fringe

I did this on the 16" Ashford Rigid Heddle that I got by accident from the dealer. I actually paid for a 24" and I should be getting it tomorrow. More lacquering and constructing before I can warp again.

1 comment:

Nancy JC said...

Hello, Mary,

I "think" you have viewed my blog, also a relatively new phenomenon for me. I will read your earlier posts, but if you are interested in proper finishing of your cloth, check out Laura Frey, who has written Magic in the Water, with beautiful samples included in her text. Since you are a reader of WeaveZine and follow WEaveCast, you have probably heard her interview. SO much to learn from her!

Love your pooch! It reminds me of my dear friend, Mary (who is recently featured in my blog) who got started spinning BECAUSE of her dogs!

I will stay tuned to your next steps!

Nancy